Upcoming News and Announcements
Upcoming Events and Changes:
- Mass Booklets can be access through our website or click here. You can use your cell phone at Mass or download them at home and bring your own copies.
- Saturday, April 24th we will show the movie The Chosen and have pizza after the 5pm Mass. Because space is limited to 60 people, please let us know you are coming by calling the parish office with your name and the number of people in your group.
- Boutique is having their Spring Sale, Saturday, May 1st and Sunday, May 2nd . See the bulletin for details.
New Church News:
- Thank you to all who have helped with the new baskets for our collection. Please continue to help and contact Joe Osborne firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the schedule. Thank you!
- Work on the weather stripping continues on all the double doors. We have locked the double doors on the Parish Center side, as they keep blowing open. They still open to leave but there is not a sidewalk on that side so please use another door. It could be muddy out there. We are also working on getting a sidewalk on that side.
- We are thankful to be worshiping in our new church. If something needs corrective action, please let Kathy Coleman at email@example.com know so she can make sure it is brought to the attention of the person who can fix it!!! Thank you.
2021 Scholarships are available & learn about the upcoming food collection in What’s Happening!
Our incoming Music Director, Seán, has had his visit rescheduled due to a potential COVID situation. He should be coming the weekend of April 11 for Divine Mercy Sunday. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
This weekend we are asking all Catholics in the diocese to prayerfully discern our Bishop’s request to assist him financially in the annual BLA drive. We will walk through the process of filling out envelops at all the Masses next weekend. Today I’m asking you to consider how you can help. I have included a QR code you can use if you want to start early or you can do what I did and text BLA to 703-260-9800. By texting you will be given a link that will take you right to a pledge page to make your contribution, it was very easy to do. Thank you in advance for help in this and God bless you.
Usher/Rosary Sign Up using this link!
Mass times have changed to Saturday 5pm Vigil, Sunday 7:30am, 9:30, 11:30am, and 5pm. All Masses are in the new church.
Bishop Burbidge offers his thoughts and support on joining the Knights. To view the video, click here.
Welcome from our Pastor
On behalf of our parish family, welcome to St. Mary of Sorrows parish website! We would love for you to join us on Sunday, and everyday! Please look over our website and if we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me or a staff member. Our mission and vision statement is listed below to provide you with a deeper sense of our commitment to our Lord Jesus.
In Christ Through Mary,
Rev. James S. Barkett, Pastor
Thank you for your generous financial support during this difficult time! Please mail in or drop off your offertory checks to the Parish Center. You may also sign up with our electronic giving vendor, Parish Giving, here on our website. Thank you!