Upcoming News and Announcements
- See our most recent bulletin for more information.
- Drop off your donations to the food pantry throughout the week and next weekend in the Parish Center foyer.
- The Luminaries of Holy Mary will be meeting in the Chapel on Monday, October 3rd at 5:00pm to discuss Fatima
- The Patricians will be meeting on Monday, October 3rd to discuss Guardian Angels. Join Fr. Peffley in Farrell Hall at 7:30pm. Free literature and refreshments.
- All day and night Adoration will be offered Friday, October 7th, with a Taize Holy Hour at 7:30pm.
- Join the Knights for Spaghetti Dinner and Pancake Breakfast next weekend.
- Prayer teams will be available next Saturday after the 5:00pm Mass.
- Picnic “After Action” Meeting will be held on October 15th in Farrell Hall at 7:00pm.
- Religious Education has started and we are still need ONE more catechist. Please consider becoming a catechist or an aide for Religious Education K-6. Contact the Religious Education office for more information, either Aidaw@stmaryofsorrows.org for K-6. Thank you for your help.
- Help Stock the Youth Ministry Office. Donations can be dropped off in the specially marked box in the foyer of the Parish Center. Our current requests are: gallon and quart Ziploc bags, marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate bars. Many thanks in advance for your support!
Welcome from our Pastor
On behalf of our parish family, welcome to St. Mary of Sorrows parish website! We would love for you to join us on Sunday, and everyday! Please look over our website and if we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me or a staff member. Our mission and vision statement is listed below to provide you with a deeper sense of our commitment to our Lord Jesus.
In Christ Through Mary,
Rev. James S. Barkett, Pastor
Have you gone to Mass and remembered that you left your envelope at home? Try our electronic giving vendor, Parish Giving, here on our website. It’s very easy! Thank you for your generosity!
Also, Catholic Charities is the charitable arm of our Bishop’s ministry that enables him, parishes, and parishioners to serve poor and vulnerable neighbors within the Diocese of Arlington. Please consider them when making charitable donations.